Knowledge Fundamentals : Foosball Soccer Table
Author: June X Date Posted:24 May 2018
The Soccer table, also referred to as “foosball”, is the game taken from the soccer pitch transferred to table games. Soccer tables are made in two types and styles, the tournament style and home use style.
All tournament soccer tables are made 5FT in length.
With rods, there is the traditional solid or tubular steel rods and there is telescope rods as well.
Tournament tables have a single goalie at each of end and cheap mass produced tables have 3 goalies at each end of table. Unlike other kinds of table games, the soccer table is a piece of equipment made to be given a work out due to the nature of the game and how it is played.
To ensure that the table has longevity for your home or business, the focus should be on the quality of table rather than price.
Typical good quality tables have follow elements:
1. Strong rod, this can be either solid rod, or 3mm thickness tubular rod.
Has one goalie at each end.
2. The have raised triangle shape corners made either in metal plate or plastic.
3. Solid built players.
4. The side wall at least 30mm in thickness,
5. The best quality table side wall should be built from plywood, this type of side wall can take heavy usage.
6. Strongly attachment legs.
7. Bearing system for the rods to pull through.
8. Toughened glass play field, this ensures easy cleaning of surface.
There are many manufacturers in the market, however historically and from feed back based on reputation of product, branded products always win out, giving peace of mind to the customer.
Roberto ( Italy) , Riley ( UK), Sportivo ( Australia), Galando ( Italy), Bossini ( France) Tornado(USA),